Back when you were still single, traveling was a lot easier. You can be invited to go out on a trip just an hour before you leave and you can still make it. Now that you have a baby, things are totally different. You have to prepare for two people this time around. The worst part is that considering how tiring the process is, you end up not doing any trip at all. Since you have had your baby, can you still remember when your last major trip was?
If you have a hard time recalling when, it is understandable. In fact, packing your things just to bring your baby to the doctor for a regular checkup would already take time. Imagine if you are flying to another place. The good thing is that there are ways for you to make this trip preparation more bearable. You just need to know exactly what to do.
- Prepare in advance. If you plan to go to another country with the entire family, it is still possible. You just need to prepare months before the trip. Make sure that you clear your schedule. There should also be no other appointments with the doctor so that you can push through with the trip. You can even pack your things in advance or make hotel reservations in advance. You can even pick places to visit that are child-friendly.
- Make sure the baby stays healthy. One of the reasons why trips don’t push through is that your baby gets sick. You can’t bring him elsewhere. You just have to stay home to take care of the baby. You are also afraid he might be infected outside. However, if the baby is healthy, you won’t have to worry about traveling. You can bring the baby anywhere and it will still be fine.
- Use a comfortable bag. You might have to bring lots of bags if you are to pack for yourself, your partner and the baby. There are ergonomic bags though that are easy to pack and has enough compartments to fit in all the items you have to bring with you during the trip. You should not have a hard time bringing the back with you even if you are carrying the baby with another hand.
- Use the pushchair. There are push chairs for babies that will make it easier for you to move around. You don’t have to carry your baby all the time. Your hands are freer. You can even take selfies while walking around. You also won’t get tired easily. You can enjoy the trip as if you are traveling alone. The best part is your baby will also feel the same way. He can just relax and sleep and stay protected even if you are traveling to many places. Look up the best pushchairs for 2016 on the internet so you have an idea on which one to buy.
Hopefully, you can make your trip a reality this time around. You just have to be positive. It will happen and it will be a memorable one because you have your baby with you.
Also read: Top Bucket List Destinations In Europe
Sleeping while you are traveling is not easy. You are not at the comfort of your own home. You also don’t have regular schedule. For instance, you can have a flight at 2am. Therefore, you have to sleep at the airport while waiting for your flight. This could disrupt your sleep and make it difficult for you to go back to your regular sleeping hours. There are essential tips for you to follow to make it easier for you to sleep well even if you are traveling.
- Don’t change your sleeping schedule. Unless there is a major time difference in the country where you came from and where you are heading, there is no reason to change your sleeping time. If you are used to sleeping at 10 in the evening, then you have to sleep at exactly 10. However, if there is a big time difference, you need not follow the time, but you should at least sleep with the exact number of hours that you are used to. Going back to your regular sleeping time won’t be difficult after the trip.
- Bring everything that helps you fall asleep easily. Unless the items are really big, you can bring them with you. It could be a small stuffed toy or ear plugs. It could also be your favorite pajamas. Nothing should stop you from wearing them.
- Fit all your activities during the day. You have to try to as much as possible visit all the places that you intend to during the day. If you can’t finish them all, you can postpone for the next day. Don’t try to squeeze them in even if it is already late night. Also, avoid scheduling night activities like partying at the bar. It is true especially if you can do these activities back home anyway.
- Practice sleeping in uncomfortable situations. You really have no choice when you are traveling. If there is only a 2am flight available, you have to take that trip. You may also take a train going to another place and it could be a very long trip. Therefore, when you are not traveling, you can practice sleeping in uncomfortable and unfavorable situations. This will help you if you decide to travel later on and the conditions are really not suitable for sleeping.
- Avoid eating a lot. You might easily be overwhelmed with the available dishes especially if you are in another country. You have not tried eating them before. Therefore, you can be easily enticed to grab whatever you can. This is true especially at night when you are about to sleep. This could be a serious problem. Once you are full, you won’t feel sleepy at all. There are also some risks that come with sleeping right after eating.
- Learn to say no. If you are traveling in groups, you have to make sure that you don’t go with them at all times. They have plans that could affect your sleeping time. Even if they insist that you go out with them, you still need to learn how to say no. They could not force you if you explicitly say that you want to stay in the hotel. This could affect the way they look at you, but you have to prioritize your health above anything else.
These are just some of the useful tips that you can apply when you are traveling. This will help make you feel totally comfortable before you hit the bed. After the trip, you can easily go back to your sleeping routine without any problem at all.
It also helps if you have an air mattress at home. It helps you make you feel more comfortable when sleeping. You will also fall asleep easily because it feels like there are packets of air massaging your back. You can even bring this with you when you are traveling. If it makes you fall asleep easily and it is really convenient, nothing should stop you from taking it with you. Besides, it comes with a container that can easily fit in your luggage. It also does not weigh much.
Hopefully, you will have fun in this trip and still have a good night sleep.
Also read: Life-Saving Tips For A Newbie Traveller